The Web Developer position will be responsible for the development of web applications, mobile web based applications, interoperability of existing and new association digital infrastructure, and other digital products. The ideal candidate will have experience in an environment with diverse challenges and constant change. Analytical capabilities and experience and clean efficient code development are a must, with a drive to find the best solution to challenges.
A developer who writes understandable code that is standards based, conforms to a coding style guide, and is well commented is a must. Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, and the desire to discover internals clients core requirements and work with a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products.
- Write code for a broad range of digital products
- Write business requirements from customer discovery meetings
- Designing application architectures that are of high quality and adhere to industry best practices
- Develop web applications that meet the documented business requirements
- Deploy solutions with written implementation, test, and back out plans according to the change control process
- Support existing application deployments by acting as a consultant to business units, including technical guidance, planning, and application development services, along with implementation support
- Participate in the change management, problem management, project management processes, and other IT related processes
- Research and evaluating emerging technologies relative to your role
- Build web functionality that is data driven
- Write code to interact with a range of installed application API’s
- Write code to digest Web Services
- Write code to read and write to SQL and other databases
- Support UI development working with front end developers
- Understanding of SQL and general data driven development
- Building for enterprise NET based applications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in CS or related field preferred or a combination of CS education and relevant development work experience.
- Certifications, a plus
- Demonstrable Experience and proficiency in NET MVC using C#
- Experience in ColdFusion environment is desired but not required
- Experience developing with an AJAX framework like Dojo, jQuery, etc
- At home in advanced development environments like Visual Studio
- Experience with debugging multi-threaded environments
- Knowledge of C++, ideally with exposure to – fundamentals
- Experience with a document database similar to RavenDB
- Exposure to XML DOM
- Knowledge of web standards & browser quirks
- Configuration knowledge with IIS 7/8
- Able to work well with others and build effective working relationships throughout the organization
- Minimal travel
- This position is classified as exempt under the FLSA’s Computer Professional category