I. POSITION TITLE :
II. BASIC FUNCTION :
Reports directly to the Web & Data Systems Manager . Maintains content on various client and Foundation websites, including Internet and i ntranet. Develops new online applications for use on the intranet and Internet.
III. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for maintaining and augmenting content on various client websites .
- Responsible for developing and maintaining custom online applications as requested by client departments, approved by IT management, and assigned by the Web & Data Systems Manager .
- Maintains backend data systems for websites.
- Coordinates, updates, and maintains documentation for projects assigned .
- Updates and maintains procedures relevant to projects assigned .
- Responds to email requests and coordinates web assistance for pe rsons looking for information on client websites .
- Assists with other IT projects as required.
- Maintains a library of periodicals and software related to the Internet.
IV. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Responsible for coordinating, maintaining, and updating ColdFusion applications on theHUB and client site , specifically related to meeting activities .
- Remains familiar with the Foundation and UrololgyHealth.org websites in order to help maintain website content as needed.
- Responsible for developing online applications using HTML and ColdFusion as assigned by the Web & Data Systems Manager .
- Adheres to development guidelines as set forth by the Web & Data Systems Manager for standards in client and Foundation web development projects.
- Creates, modifies, and maintains tables in databases such as Access, Oracle, or SQL Server as needed for projects assigned.
- Keeps track of upcoming web projects using the IT Impact Schedule.
- Maintains relevant document ation, software, and procedures for projects assigned.
- Updates procedures and documentation with changes made by various committees or the Web & Data Systems Manager.
- Reads and responds to email from users regarding difficulty using the web site s or finding information .
V. NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Maintains a library of computer catalogs, magazines, manuals and newspapers relating to the Internet in order to keep abreast of changing technology.
VI. JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s preferred
- At least 4 years experience in web development required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with HTML coding (including tables, forms, Dynamic HTML and Cascading Style Sheets).
- Familiarity with ASP and .NET framework.
- Ability to create, troubleshoot, and update pages on websites, including the ability to create, troubleshoot, and update ColdFusion files.
- Familiarity with XML
- Familiarity with Microsoft Internet Information Server Administration, as well as advanced knowledge of Macromedia Dreamweaver or ColdFusion Studio
- Familiarity with Internet resources, including email, Mail Servers, web browsing, newsgroups, online services, and FTP.
- Familiarity with database development and design, as well as ODBC data sources.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access, as well as a familiarity with Oracle and basic database design fundamentals.
- Full understanding of the life-cycle of application development.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
- Strong written and oral communications, including the ability to speak in public.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively in a busy environment.
- Experience with IIS webserver administration, as well as experience with Windows 2003 server administration.
- Experience creating and consuming web services
- Familiarity with website activity reporting, preferably with Webtrends
- This position is classified as exempt under the FLSA’s Computer Professional category.