Web Developer III
Reports directly to the Web & Data Systems Manager. Develops and maintains online applications and templates on websites. Serves as backup to Web & Data Systems Manager for maintaining in-house webserver functionality. Serves as backup to Web Associate in updating content on-websites.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and customizing e-commerce applications interfacing with Personify using ColdFusion.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining custom online applications built in ColdFusion as requested by departments, approved by IT management, and assigned by the Web & Data systems Manager.
- Coordinates, updates, and maintains documentation on all projects.
- Updates and maintains Internet and Intranet procedures.
- Acts as administrator of intranet hardware and software.
- Responds to email requests and coordinates web assistance for members.
- Serves as backup to Web & Data Systems Manager in support and maintenance of in-house webservers.
- Serves as backup to Web & Data Systems Manager in all disaster & recovery plans and in regards to all external software implementations.
- Assists with other IT projects as required.
- Maintains a library of periodicals and software related to the Internet.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s preferred
- At least 6 years experience in web development required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with HTML coding (including tables, forms, Dynamic HTML and Cascading Style Sheets).
- Intermediate knowl edge of HTML5 and CSS3, preferably jQuery
- Ability to create, troubleshoot, and update pages on websites, including the ability to create, troubleshoot, and update ColdFusion files.
- Familiarity with XML, JSON, SOAP, and REST.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Internet Information Server Administration, as well as advanced knowledge of Macromedia Dreamweaver.
- Familiarity with Internet resources, including email, Mail Servers, web browsing, newsgroups, online services, and FTP.
- Intermediate experience with database development and design, as well as ODBC data sources.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access, and basic database design fundamentals.
- Familiarity and experience with e-commerce
- Full understanding of the life-cycle of application development.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
- Strong written and oral communications, including the ability to speak in public.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively in a busy environment.
- Must have the ability and willingness to gain further technical knowledge with regards to internet development, web programming languages, programming methodologies, etc.
- Experience with IIS webserver administration, as well as experience with Windows server administration.
- Experience creating and consuming web services.
- Familiarity with website activity reporting, preferably with Webtrends.
- This position is classified as exempt under the FLSA’ s Computer Professional category.