OMNITEC Solutions (http://www.omnitecinc.com) is expanding our current level of service to our NAVAIR clients on site at Pax River in Lexington Park, MD (20653). We are looking for a Web Application Programmer who understands the nuances and moving parts of web based solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities Although writing code & programming applications will be a key part of this position, the ability to understand work flow processes on the front end, and a “big picture” understanding of the infrastructure nuances of turn-key or end-to-end solutions, will be very helpful.
This Senior Developer and Task Leader will provide and help oversee web application development and Web support towards development of new web applications, maintaining existing tools, and creating modules within the client’s Intranet, Internet and other Legacy applications, which includes:
- Experience designing graphical user interfaces and reports that contain graphs/charts;
- Full System Lifecycle Development experience as Programmers are expected to be able to communicate well with the client and end-users
- Ensuring that code aligns with corporate programming standards and industry best practices (e.g. 508 compliance).
- Design and administer databases using SQL Server 2008.
- Some ability to mentor, manage and train other development team members and users.
Skills & Requirements
- four year degree is preferred, but 10+ years of relevant technical experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years strong, demonstrable knowledge of Cold Fusion development.
- Fundamental understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of programmatic data-access to SQL Server.
- Demonstrable understanding of HTML, and CSS.
- Full System Lifecycle Development experience, including Requirements gathering and full project documentation.
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills as Programmers must effectively communicate with all other technical staff, client personnel, and end-users.
- Ability to multitask & work independently.
- US citizenship and either an active Secret clearance, or ability to immediately obtain an interim Secret clearance is REQUIRED!
Additional Helpful Skills
- Preference for Knowledge of XML/RSS and serialized data formats.
- Preference for developers with experience leading projects of any size.