ERG is seeking junior-level candidates with a B.A./B.S. in computer science, business, math, economics or another quantitative field , with 1-2 years of experience programming custom web applications in ASP.Net (C#) , web services and MS SQL Server.
The work involves supporting a range of data management and information systems projects that focus on environmental and public health related issues. Prior experience in developing software applications and consulting is highly desirable.
- programming new functionality and making adjustments to code by working closely with project manager and technical experts, and collaboratively with front-end developer;
- developing new features and maintaining ColdFusion CRM with Oracle back-end under the direction of a senior developer;
- generating ad-hoc web log reports and providing reporting analysis based on those reports;
- maintaining a monthly automated reporting system that creates and distributes reports to managers;
- managing small project tasks;
- interacting with government clients;
- producing well-written documents that clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, motivated, capable of applying analytical concepts to research and algorithm development, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in SQL syntax and experience with SQL Server 2005 and Oracle 11g, ColdFusion, ASP.NET (C#) , Web Services, Visual Studio 2010, VBA programming in Excel, Access (ideally 2010).
- Experience with Apache Web Logs using any tool, or Google Analytics highly desirable.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, academic transcript, sample of a recent writing assignment, and salary requirements.