The Global Security Sciences Division is seeking a software developer to develop web-based applications in support of the Risk and Infrastructure Science Center. The selected individual will develop and maintain web portals, implement analytic algorithms, develop mobile and desktop applications for data collection, modeling, analysis, and report their work.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years work experience or equivalent, or Master’s Degree and 0-2 years of experience/equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of ColdFusion, Oracle Application Express (APEX/HTML-DB), and/or JAVA (JSP, EJB, JPA)
- Considerable knowledge of relational database management systems, internet applications and servers, and systems security
- Considerable skill in designing and implementing software tools and systems that perform their intended function and satisfy user and sponsor requirements
- Good skill at organizing project tasks and coordinating the completion of high-priority technical products within budget and time constraints
- Good skill at oral and written communication
Successful applicants for this position must provide proof of U.S. citizenship, be able to successfully obtain a “Q” security clearance, and pass a drug test prior to employment as defined in 10 CFR 707.4.