The primary function of the Applications Developer is to effectively, creatively, strategically and tactically develop and support programming applications in a ColdFusion environment. The position includes analyzing problems, developing alternative solutions, developing programming specifications, programming, implementing and supporting applications. This includes fixing problems as well as supporting end users and business partners in all IT related areas.
Job duties and Responsibilities
- Support and maintain the software of the Web servers hosting Makita’s corporate Web site.
- Develop and maintain the in-house “testing” Web server
- Be on call 24 hours/7days a week in the case of system failure of the Web servers and to keep the system running.
- Support departments to give expertise in Web page enhancements.
- Continue to develop a better content management system to update Web pages with new tools in both English and Spanish.
- Assume limited DBA duties for the database systems running the Web site and the customer service portal.
- Use technical expertise to manage outsourced IT projects to ensure top quality results and appropriate cost control.
- Help the IT department with administrative duties of other computer systems as deemed appropriate by management.
- Develop new systems that will enhance Makita’s customer service with its dealers, sales staff and end-users.
- Continually assess valuable technologies that Makita will benefit from in labor savings, cost and customer service.
- Fulfill any other duties deemed necessary by management not detailed above.
- Strong ability to proactively coordinate numerous projects while maintaining follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Work within budgets and timelines to achieve specific goals set-forth.
- Responsible for supporting the launch of products and sponsorships by communicating messages effectively through website.
- Responsible for continually making suggestions, contributions, plans, solutions and able to communicate effectively to the Team.
- Constantly implement creative, consistent vehicles that fully support the company’s prime objectives with regards to professional users, products and focus.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate brand communication, such as and not limited to, website, intranet, extranet and direct contact.
- Continually improve web efficiency for internal maintenance and end users.
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of all related brand marketing efforts.
Required Education/Professional Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or equivalent professional institution. Information Systems, Computer Science degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the IT industry.
- Has ColdFusion version upgrade experience.
- 3 years’ experience with Coldbox.
- Keen knowledge and critical thinking.
- Relational database design and administration of SQL Server.
- Experience in Windows Server, IIS.
- Website development and programming
- Knowledge in use of CFC’s
- Jquery experience
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal and spelling skills in English.
- Team player. Capable of working alone or with other ColdFusion programmers.
- Ability to effectively communicate through all channels.
- Ability to participate and contribute in group environments while presenting and answering questions.
- Must have reasoning in problem solving abilities, planning skills, able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions best suited for the users, dealers and company.
Makita USA Inc. offers an outstanding benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical/ Dental Vision/Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance options
- Disability Insurance
- Profit sharing and company matched 401K
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation/Personal & Sick Time Off/ Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement