Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffett) owned company, currently seeking a Sr. ColdFusion Developer. Position offers competitive pay, quarterly bonuses, great benefits , career advancement, employee friendly company culture, wellness program, state of the art work out facilities, volleyball court, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, walking trails, on-site dining, private school and much more!
We are doing a full scale transition from ColdFusion development to .Net (C# / ASP.Net / MVC). This role will initially consist of ColdFusion v.9 development working individually or on small teams. As we start the re-write of our core enterprise applications this individual will start learning .Net and make the gradual transition to full-time C# / ASP.Net web development. This role does NOT require prior .Net experience but the individual must be willing to learn and make the transition to .Net development long-term. Though not required, prior .Net experience is highly desired!
Please Note: This position is located in Knoxville, TN. Remote work is NOT an option
for this opportunity.
We would be glad to provide you with additional detailed information about the company, the opportunity and the area!
- 5 to 7 years programming with ColdFusion (version 7 and up) They are currently using v. 9
- Experience programming data driven web applications
- Intermediate to strong SQL query skills using MS SQL 2005 and up
- CFC development/architecture and use
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle. (requirements gathering, design/architecture, development, deployment, support)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Some experience with Jquery and/or Ajax methodologies
Skills desired but not required:
- Experience with Scrum / Agile
- .Net development experience