TheWeb Developer is responsible for creation of websites, integrating websites with other applications, and maintaining existing websites. The position requires expertise in the development of multi-platform websites (desktop, tablet, mobile) supporting common industry browsers. The Web Developer may work independently, in a team and / or in conjunction with outside vendors depending upon project scope and complexity.
- Develop and maintain robust and user-friendly ColdFusion and .NET-based web sites
- Create site layout / user interface from initial design through deployment, utilizing best practices
- Understand relational database schemas and programming in T-SQL
- Coordinate website design and layout in conjunction with Graphic Artist and or external firms
- Ability to utilize Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc. in website development
- Leverage industry standard application frameworks and extend as needed
- Ensure website stability, security and overall maintainability
- Maintain in-house real estate online forms and forms application, requires experience in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Gather specifications / requirements and document
- Perform routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications. Communicate project status and deliverables with manager and business clients.
- Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication
- Write test plans and test results and integrate into overall scope of projects
- Develops and maintains change management processes and adhere to best development practices
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies
- Keeps Director of IT informed of project progress, potentially controversial matters, and any far-reaching implications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent
education/experience in web development
- Minimum 2+ years of ColdFusion development experience
- Candidates should have proven .NET experience and ColdFusion as well as a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures
- Strong communication and writing skills. Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and vendors while leading development to a complete and successful solution.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of business timelines and budgets.
- Communicates effectively and thoroughly with IT Infrastructure team and all other employees as appropriate
- Maintains professional, positive, and supportive demeanor and attitude toward co-workers, and members as appropriate
- Comfortable with an evolving knowledge base as product changes and developments occur.
- Committed to exceptional customer service