Job Title: ColdFusion / .NET Developer
Reports To: Director of IT
Compensation: DOE, Competitive benefit package
Northwest Multiple Listing Service is a not-for-profit, member owned organization, and is the largest full-service MLS in the Northwest. Its membership includes more than 22,000 real estate brokers and appraisers. We provide superior systems, products, and services for the technologically savvy real estate industry in the Pacific Northwest. The organization, based in Kirkland WA, currently serves 21 counties in Washington State.
We pay competitive salaries and offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, EAP, and 401(k).
The Developer is responsible for the creation of websites, integrating websites with other applications, and maintaining existing websites. The position requires expertise in the development of multi-platform websites (desktop, tablet, mobile) supporting common industry browsers. The Developer may work independently, in a team and / or in conjunction with outside vendors depending upon project scope and complexity.
- Assist in transitioning ColdFusion website code to a .NET environment
- Develop and maintain robust and user-friendly web sites
- Create site layout / user interface from initial design through deployment, utilizing best practices
- Understand relational database schemas and programming in T-SQL
- Coordinate website design and layout in conjunction with Graphic Artist and or external firms
- Ability to utilize Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc. in website development
- Leverage industry standard application frameworks and extend as needed
- Ensure website stability, security and overall maintainability
- Maintain in-house real estate online forms and forms application, requires experience in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Gather specifications / requirements and document
- Perform routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications. Communicate project status and deliverables with manager and business clients.
- Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication
- Write test plans and test results and integrate into overall scope of projects
- Develop and maintain change management processes and adhere to best development practices
- Develop and maintain code documentation, procedures, and policies
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies
- Keep Director of IT informed of project progress, potentially controversial matters, and any far-reaching implications
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of business timelines and budgets.
- Communicates effectively and thoroughly with IT Infrastructure team and all other employees as appropriate
- Maintains professional, positive, and supportive demeanor and attitude toward co-workers, and members as appropriate
- Committed to exceptional customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in web development
- Minimum 2+ years of ColdFusion development experience
- Candidates should have proven .NET experience and ColdFusion as well as a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures
- Strong communication and writing skills. Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and vendors while leading development to a complete and successful solution.
Note: This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. At all times, employees will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties within this or lower job level upon the request of the supervisor. At times, employees may also be required to perform higher-level duties.