DUTIES: The IT Technician will provide our government, commercial, utility, not for profit, and internal clients with the tools, services and solutions needed to effectively collect, assemble, manage and report on information. Work effectively in a variety of computer systems and software applications. Understand the contract needs and specifications of clients and their customers and develop appropriate solutions. Conduct research and compile summation, statistical and other reports. Organize and develop efficient daily work assignments from start to completion. Analyze data requests and design appropriate solutions. Understand and apply per client specifications applicable regulations and compliance standards. Program systems to meet client and/or project specifications. Provide support to product users positively and effectively. Work independently and with attention to detail.
Education and Qualifications:
- Four year degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar position
- Strong skills and capabilities in at least one of the following areas of expertise:
- Database Programming – experience with two or more database systems including MS Access, SQL Server, postgreSQL, or others
- Application Development – experience programming and configuring mobile computing and other applications using a range of development tools and systems, including Visual Studio.net, PhoneGap/Cordova, and thinkGeo
- Network/Server Administration – experience with server management, maintenance and optimization.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the principles, techniques and applications of software development and interface design
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.