Job Summary Under general direction, performs moderately complex application development tasks and assignments, using ColdFusion as the primary development language. Prepares detailed specifications, diagrams and other programming structures from which programs are written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents moderately complex programs and applications, in addition to performing application maintenance tasks.
- Under general direction uses development tools and utilities to develop, support, and customize moderately complex business applications.
- Actively contributes to the analysis of requirements and resulting design activities for moderately complex business applications in the context of the full software development lifecycle.
- Performs analysis and design including utilization of UML, Use Cases, and Sequence and Class Diagrams.
- Applies the Unified Process development framework and agile development concepts.
- Develops and maintains required documentation for each phase of the development cycle.
- Assists in the development of technical requirements through interviews with business partners.
- Assists in the development of prototypes and/or functional/technical specifications to meet business needs.
- Codes and tests software in accordance with department, System, and industry accepted standards.
- Develops test plans and scripts for unit and integration testing.
- Applies company policies, procedures and best practices including change management, source code management, time tracking, and project management.
- Uses designated tools as required.
- Participates in moderately complex team projects and occasionally directs basic to moderately complex projects.
- Contributes to the achievement of team goals by leveraging experience and sound judgment.
- Provides direction and guidance to less-experienced staff.
- Consistently increases depth and breadth of knowledge in programmer/analyst key result areas: application development tools, analysis & design, project management, and leadership.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- An Associate’s degree specializing in computer science or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience and proficiency in ColdFusion required;
- Strong consideration for candidates with proficiency in ASP.NET MVC;
- Proficiency in SQL;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to think logically;
- Strong initiative and organization skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good project management skills.