Participates in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them.
Townsend communications, Inc. is located in Kansas City, Missouri. Founded in 1964 the company enjoys an excellent reputation both locally and nationally in publishing and Internet products.
The company publishes four national magazines and hosts / owns the MyMajors.com website. MyMajors works with students to create a pathway to college and career readiness. Nearly 300,000 unique visitors visit the site each month to research majors, careers and a search for colleges.
The National Science Foundation awarded Townsend a Phase I SBIR research grant in January 2013 and a Phase II SBIR research grant in April 2014 totaling nearly $900,000 to fund continued product development to help students find their best fit educational pathway.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Provide maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Support department programming standards.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining
part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
Experience / Skill:
- Proficient in Web Site Design, solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
- 2-5 years of experience with ColdFusion 8 or higher.
- Strong CSS knowledge
- Strong SQL skills, preferably in SQL Server
- Strong business analysis skills with proven experience in proposing and developing solutions
- Experience with object oriented ColdFusion using CFCs
- Excellent problem solving abilities and creativity
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.