Under general direction, participates as a high level technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Design and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Interface with other departments to obtain a full understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
- Provide project timeline estimates.
- Monitor actual deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support department programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
- Process movement of jobs to production for both Internet and client/server applications and implementation of production scheduler.
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task.
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year University or College diploma in related field or equivalent required.
Experience / Skill:
- Proficient in Web Site Design, solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
- 5 years current Cold Fusion experience.
- Experience with ColdFusion 10
- Experience with object oriented ColdFusion using cfcs
- Experience with one or more ColdFusion frameworks, preferably Model-Glue.
- Experience with AJAX, SOAP, JSON
- Strong css knowledge
- Experience establishing and consuming webservices in ColdFusion and 3rd parties.
- Experience setting up credit card processing and secure transactions
- Strong SQL preferably in SQLServer
- GIT version control
- Working knowledge of source code management tool and job scheduler.
- Strong business analysis skills with proven experience in proposing and developing solutions.
- Strong systems analysis experience.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.
Experience with any of the following would be considered beneficial:
- Sublime Text or other IDE
- Basic Photoshop knowledge