DIRECT HIRE / 3 Months CTH (Contract to Hire)
JOB SUMMARY OVERVIEW
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing ColdFusion, web-based software solutions. This development will occur in an Agile environment, typically in fixed-length sprints (Scrum methodology), with regular interactions with key Users and other team members. The Software Developer is expected to produce high-quality software, to function effectively as a member of a team, to interact with management and other members of the development group, and to continually seek to improve themselves and the company.
MAIN Responsibilities and functions
- Design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance.
- Possess deep understanding of relational databases and be able to design new data models as well as efficient queries for existing data sets in MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL platforms.
- Analyze technical issues and clearly communicate recommendations/solutions.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
- Expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously when asked.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Adhere to team development principles by using the established code management system, and participate in ongoing code reviews. Mentor and guide new developers in coding and design methodology.
- Making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers.
- Strong and effective inter-personal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and IT staff.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Provide support assistance to application users to determine system problems.
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in applications and the environment that affect system performance.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
- Working closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
- must demonstrate good analytical abilities, attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Work experience and education requirements
- Bachelors degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a developer (lead developer would be a plus).
Skills and knowledge
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting abilities
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent Communication, Written and Verbal skills across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent Customer Service skills to all business customers and IT providers.
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive, team oriented attitude.
- Ability to “think outside the box” to find and recommend creative solutions
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Possess advanced technical skills.
- Knowledge of data structures.
- Knowledge of computer logic and flow-charting.
- Ability to work productively both independently and in a team environment.
- Overall knowledge of the computing environment at large, e.g. typical uses and user populations of operating systems, communications protocols, hardware platforms, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and/or complaints
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees in English
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Monthly expense reports
HUMAN RESOURCES RESPONSIBILITIES
Review and comply with ongoing department staff goals
COMPANY PROVIDED TOOLS
- Laptop Computer
- Cellular Phone
- Credit Card
- Mifi (incase of travel)
- Monitors (if desired)
Job Type: Full-time
- Irving, TX
- Coldfusion: 5 years