This position is open until filled or withdrawn. South Orange County Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for a short-term, temporary, hourly, substitute, non-bargaining unit position, not to exceed 160 days per Fiscal Year. This advertisement is to create a pool of applications to be used when there is an available opening as a Webmaster (Substitute). You will be contacted should the hiring department/division be interested in scheduling an interview with you to discuss your qualifications and skills. Please do not call the Human Resources Office regarding the status of your application. The most current status of all applications will be available for you to view on our website.
Under direction from higher level management staff, designs, develops, maintains, and modifies the College’s web site and related links and pages; implements web strategies related to the College’s external web sites within a framework of established District and College procedures; provides support, training, and service to web authors at the College.
The duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties
from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices. Please see Job Duties for details.
- Personal computer workstations, PC/MAC operating systems and server operations.
- Network operating systems, web browsing and enhancement tools, utilities and applications.
- Web server functions, configuration tools and procedures.
- Web-based content and procedures for providing access to online staff and/or students through the Internet, Intranets or Extranets in an effective manner.
- Methods and techniques of editing, publishing and modifying web content.
- Database design and theory .
- Applications of web authoring software tools, multimedia development tools, server management software, internet server software, SQL database development and web-based course delivery platforms.
- Computer graphics software packages such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop,
- Adobe Illustrator, and Paint Shop as well as flash animation and video.
- Cross browser and cross platform issues.
- Graphic design, color and typography.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.