The purpose of this position is to join the application development team in Finance and Business Information Services, conduct design and development in full project life cycle, and implement improvements in the overall process.
This position performs application development, including business process evaluation, conceptual and security design, database design and implementation, front-end programming, system implementation and testing, solution maintenance, and integration of multiple systems, including third-party solutions.
Leadership responsibility for this position consists of relationship building, project and deliverable management, and communication within development team, senior management, customers and other teams, and across university boundaries.
Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and related experience in system administration and technical support may also serve to meet this minimum requirement.
- Typically requires 3-5 years’ experience or 1-3 years direct work-related experiences in workgroup/department level application development.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience with project management, business analysis and business and technical communication.
- Experience with project development methodologies.
- Experience with design and develop software applications with a strong knowledge of ColdFusion platform and/or Microsoft .net framework.
- Experience with major DBMS, such as Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2.
- Hand-on experience with reporting tools such as Crystal Reports and/or SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience with testing and debugging software applications.
- Demonstrated ability in learning new technologies.
- Experience development applications in a higher educational setting
- Experience with system integration.
- Experience with distributed source control systems, such as subversion, Git, and Mercurial.
- Experience with Entity Framework, Angular JS, XML JSON, TypeScript, PowerShell, Continuous Integration.
- Experience mobile application development and support.
- Industry certifications (such as MCITP and MCPD)