Client is seeking a talented, knowledgeable, and adaptive individual with experience developing and supporting complex, internally built, database driven web and client server applications to support our client.
The successful candidate will work within a team to develop, maintain and improve applications and databases used within BLIS, architect, design and develop software for new features and capabilities, design and write complex code and construct database objects based on documented designs, as well as work with the business customers to expand the application knowledge base and improve user effectiveness.
Specific position capability requirements:
- Ability to write SQL queries, views, stored procedures, triggers and other common database objects.
- Create databases and objects demonstrating accepted normalization rules adhering to the fundamentals of database design.
- Some experience solving problems and finding solutions between different database platforms, specifically to/from SQL Server and Oracle and Excel. Experience in syntactical differences of the various databases is useful. Collaborate with DBAs to set up DBLinks, service accounts and other architectural items in support of our projects.
– Proficient in ColdFusion.
- – An interest in emerging technologies to support Data analysis tools.
- – A willingness to collaborate with our customers to refine requirements, coordinate fixes, and develop solutions to their problems.
- – Follow a variety software development methodologies to include agile and waterfall and perform a multi-disciplined range of technical systems and application activities.
- – Modify or upgrade applications to maintain software functionality.
- – Perform customer consultation, requirements elicitation, analysis, design, implementation, test, review and documentation in order to support the applications’ technical sustainment and enhancement.
- – Design, develop, maintain and execute test plans.
- – Conduct problem diagnosis, root cause analysis, and resolution activities.
- – Manage internal and external database interfaces.
- – Develop, design, integrate and maintain all assigned computer applications.
Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
TERMS: W2 Only
- Programming: 7 years