Candidate provides support to customer’s CNO mission to support test and training events through effective portrayal of opposition force Computer Network Attack, Computer Network Exploitation and Computer Network Defense. He /She supports mission and training events by creating new technical and non-technical solutions using an interdisciplinary approach to actively, and passively expose and exploit information system vulnerabilities. Specific duties include: Tool development (software/application/scripting/coding) or other similar operating system or hardware modification, system and network computer administration, and other duties as assigned. Candidate must maintain minimum required professional certifications to meet DoD 8570 requirements. He /She will attend or otherwise support various training events, conferences, exercises, and demonstrations to ensure continued compliance with team member certification requirements to enhance technical capabilities, and to support authorized missions and test events. Less than 50% travel is required.
Specific Requirements/Job Description:
- Ability to program and script in various languages
- In-depth knowledge of web application security and secure software development industry best practices
- Good understanding of enterprise level network and infrastructure security technologies from at least one vendor
- Experience with network and security related protocols
- Experience in using network protocol analyzers and sniffers, as well as ability to decipher packet captures
- Ability to interpret firewall policies, next generation and web application firewalls, VoIP security and wireless security technologies
- Excellent independent (self-motivational, organizational, personal project management) skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with management, staff, vendors, and external consultants
- Ability to think outside the box and emulate adversarial approaches
- Capable of conducting pentests on applications, systems and network utilizing proven/formal processes and industry standards.
- Capable of managing multiple pentest engagements from cradle to grave at the same time
- In depth understanding of emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
Specific experience using a wide variety of open and COTS tools to include those found on SecTools.Org: Top 125 Network Security Tools (http://sectools.org/). The ideal candidate will have Subject Matter Expertise in at least 3 of the following areas:
- *nix (including Linux, BSD, Solaris, or HPUX)
- Windows (including Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, Windows 7, Windows 8)
- Cisco (including IOS, CatOS, Catalyst switches, etc.)
- Firewall / Proxy technologies (Gauntlet, Raptor, IPtables, Proxies, etc.)
- VPN technologies (Timestep, Netscreen, S/WAN, IPsec, SSH, etc.)
- Intrusion Detection (RealSecure, CiscoSecure, ManHunt, Intruder Alert, Snort ,etc.)
- Database / Web technologies (Oracle, MySQL, MS-SQL, Coldfusion, WebLogic, etc.)
- RE / Disassembly (IDA Pro, SoftICE, OllyDBG, etc.)
- Application Security (OWASP, WASC, SDLC, etc.)
- Network Protocols ( OSPF, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, TCP/IP, 802.1x, IPSec, Radius, TACACS+, etc.)
- Ability to conduct secure code analysis manually or using SCA software
Significant Skills Required:
SPECIALIZED experience in Threat Computer Network Operations (CNO), to include one or more of the following: Computer Network Attack (CNA), Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), and/or Computer Network Defense (CND). Shall develop software, applications, scripts, code, or other similar “tools” as necessary to support threat CNO event activities.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Minimum Secret Clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret (TS) with SSBI /SCI upon hire. Specialized experience in CNA,CNE and/or CND. Significant demonstrable experience using tools to include those found on SecTools.Org: Top 125 Network Security Tools.
- Ability to independently and rapidly develop tools from concept to production in a high-stress, short deadline, under-resourced environment using multiple programming languages including Python and C/C++.
Required Education / Certification / Contingencies:
Bachelors in Computer Science/Management of Computer Information/Information Assurance or Security. Experience may be substituted for degree. Specific CNO related Skills and Education (i.e. SANS, Sys admin, or other CNE, CNA, CND courses, etc.).