Job Description :
The Space Radiation Analysis Group (SRAG) is seeking information technology and application development expertise supporting the human health and performance directorate, space and clinical operation division. Candidates must have excellent working knowledge and proven history of Web design and application development and will be responsible for developing and maintaining Web page and Web-based applications for the SRAG as well as maintaining and upgrading the group’s information technology infrastructure. Candidates will be responsible for specifying, ordering, and deploying new and replacement hardware and software to meet the team needs while complying with local processes and agency standards. The candidate will also be responsible for a number of critical data streams from on-orbit assets that allow SRAG personnel to monitor space weather conditions 24/7 and interact with other agency databases. The successful candidate will have the ability to manage unexpected or novel challenges expeditiously by researching the problem and extrapolating solutions from similar problems. The successful candidate should be familiar with Johnson Space Center Information Resource directorate and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Deploying, administering and managing Windows and Windows Server operating systems.
- Configuring, administering and managing Microsoft IIS and SQL Server
- Understanding of IT and network security issues
- Configuration management with Subversion and Git
- Advanced degree in Computer Sciences and 5 years of professional experience with Space Weather, Space Radiation measurements, dosimetry background is highly desired.
- Ability to work in a Development/Operations environment
- Linux and MacOS experience
- Fortran and/or Analytica experience