Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Flex/ColdFusion Application Developer with HX5, a JETS teammate company.
The Flex/ColdFusion Application Developer will:
- Provide Application Development.
- Design and develop middle-tier components and services for applications.
- Integrate applications with data sources from diverse technologies, such as SQL databases, XML, JSON, Sharepoint, and Microsoft Office documents.
- Provide Application Support.
- Provide user support for database applications in production, including troubleshooting user issues with applications, performing data changes and updates as necessary to support sample processors’ workflow, identifying issues related to application usability or user training and finding a resolution to these issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and fourteen (14) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system discipline and seven (7) years of progressive experience. Require demonstrated and recognized technical expertise in specialty areas of engineering system design and analysis.
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented development principles.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint, Microsoft Visual Basic or C#.
- Experience with Java and/or other object-oriented languages.
- Experience with UI and UX design concepts and best practices.
Why Work for JETS?
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Stock Options
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! (www.wehavespaceforyou.com).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.