Position Objective: The position is in the development, implementation and operation of a Federal HR Position Description (PD) system and requires program knowledge in the Federal HR realm in addition to the technical architecture and development skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Federal managers to define the business requirements of the HR Position Description solution.
- Responsible for the development and documentation of system requirements
- Responsible for technical design and code development with knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Implement software and provide technical support along with training on the use of system utilities and operating procedures to the affected end-users
- Design, code and test software applications
- Review and organize all operational documentation related to the use of systems as well as ensure systems compliance with company policies, procedures and security standards
- Perform unit, integration and performance test/analysis of developed software
- Train and mentor lower level developers when necessary
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science (preferred) or Information Systems
- 5 years’ total experience in development and maintenance of web-based database applications.
- 5 years’ experience in ColdFusion. Working knowledge of ColdFusion 10/11.
- 5 years’ experience in SQL Server 2012 or greater.
- ColdFusion Development and operational support experience 3+ years
- SQL or other database development and operational management
- Project support to include requirements development, documentation, operational support, bug identification, tracking and remediation
- Knowledge of Federal Government terminology and operations (preferably Human Resources environment).
- Previous experience in rapid application development and prototyping.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in end-to-end life cycle development: requirements definition, documentation, design, testing, production operations and user support.