HPE seeks a Cold Fusion Developer. We seek a Java/ColdFusion Program Developer with strong business acumen for our client located in Herndon, VA.
Note: Resource must be available to work onsite in Herndon VA
• Participates as a member of development team or teams; may lead a small development team.
• Designs units for others. Completes development to implement complex components.
• Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
• Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews. May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
• Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
• Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
• Applies company and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
• Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions complexity or services prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
• May assign work to others.
• Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
• May provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
- 5+ years advanced computer programming skills in Java, Java Servlet, Javabean, EJB, OO Design, HTML.
- 5+ years programming in ColdFusion
- Advanced working skills in programming with SQL or Oracle.
- Experience writing JUnit test-cases and building test-suites.
- 5+ years of experience in systems analysis and working closely with business customer
- Significant working knowledge with the RAD/Eclipse/WebSphere
- Familiarity with J2EE technology, such as JNDI, JMS, RMI, JNDI, XML, XSL, XSL-FO and JDBC
- Experience with code versioning and change management concepts
- Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
- Experience with requirements definition and specifications design
- Experience analyzing functional requirements in Sprints to write component detailed design technical documents.
- Ablility to design and build systems that are integrated with other client systems
- Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- More than 6 years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net.
- Ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle. Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
- Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Strong understanding basic Database Administration.
- Able to apply consistently quality and security standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing general project management/team leader skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.