About the Job
Data Matrix Solutions has an immediate opening for Mid-Level and Senior-Level ColdFusion Developers at our Herndon corporate office to support our Development team and to support our Government clients. These people will be responsible for collaborating with the development team and various stakeholders to deliver solutions. They will need to apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Primary Job responsibilities will be in the support and analysis of ColdFusion applications. Duties will include working with legacy code to define/identify business processes and well as help in the development of processes and procedures to help maintain and support the application during the modernization analysis.
- Provide technical expertise in the identification and solution of business problems including supporting business requirements and applications for various systems and platforms.
- Participate in all phases of the system development lifecycle including creating technical designs, program code, test plans, and verifying test results.
- Ensure that implementation projects can be delivered on time and on budget according to the contractual documentation.
- Enforce naming and development standards in the design and development.
- Provide status to the Project Manager on a regular basis.
- Be able to provide system assessments for legacy applications. This would include developing documentation for existing system functionality, process improvement recommendations, and gap analysis between policies and system functionality.
- Provide problem-solving expertise for system issues.
- 5+ years of related ColdFusion experience –experience with version 8+ preferred
- 2-3 years of experience using MVC Framework (Fusebox or other ColdFusion frameworks)
- 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL server as the backend for web applications
- 2-3 years of experience with Agile development practices
- 3-5 years of Systems Architecture
- Ability to understand complex system architectures with multiple interfaces, security protocols and be able to communicate these designs effectively to the team.
- Ability to mentor junior team members on new technologies and design concepts.
- Follow standard corporate design practices and policies.
- Solid understanding of Change Management principles and practices.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate internally through written and verbal means.
- Team player.
- Must have a DoD secret clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation.