o Software engineer position available for software development, design and testing of client and customer applications, software products and services. You will be working as part of a small team to develop software supporting supply chain management forecasting, tracking and reporting. A combination of ‘in-office’ at customer site and virtual work is available. This position is a software development position requiring both a Computer Science education and professional experience.
o The primary function of this position is to provide experienced software design and programming, troubleshooting and analysis in support of the client’s software applications. This position will involve all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for complex applications and software programs.
- Perform software development tasks in the areas of software/application design, programming, architecture, as well as independent analysis and problem resolution.
- Guide complex development tasks and projects to successful completion.
- Provide design, tracking, and testing of applications.
- Maintain and validate coding and software standards.
- Prepare software development and testing schedules, as required.
- Assure both quality and customer service.
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience with web technologies and languages such as Adobe ColdFusion, Java (web developer).
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (e.g. Oracle DB and MSSQL.)
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short period of time.
- Familiar with the CM, Test and IA processes generally associated with deploying production web-based business solutions.
- Able to contribute in all activities and steps that form the software development process with an emphasis on design, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Able to analyze data and determine and document the best method of meeting customer requirements.
- Able to work directly with the functional experts and the customer in the design of software and clarification of requirements.
- The focus of this position is on programming, software analysis, design and testing in a team oriented software development environment.