The successful candidate will work within a team to define, design, develop, deploy, maintain and improve applications and databases software for new features and capabilities, design and write complex code and construct database objects based on documented designs in HIPAA and PCI compliant environment, as well as work with management to expand the application knowledge base and improve user effectiveness.
- Develops high quality complex software.
- Participates in the quality process though unit test design, authoring, and review.
- Provides object-orientated software development.
- Authors unit tests for all software projects.
- Follows and establishes engineering guidance and governance procedures.
- Identifies changing needs and priorities, crafts recommendations and communicates appropriately.
- Coaches, motivates and mentors team members.
- Identifies and facilitates training needs within the team.
- Monitors compliance with processes and procedures and ensures process and procedures updates are communicated.
- Provides daily updates to the IT Manager on the progress of tasks and projects and estimated delivery dates
- Assist other programmers by providing programming support
- Assists the Manager with disciplinary issues and the preparation of performance reviews.
- Assists the Manager with miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Provides status updates to senior leadership on projects and associate performance.
- Participate in Ad Hoc analysis / special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 + years experience developing ColdFusion applications in CF 8, 9 and 10
- 5 + years experience with Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft SQL stored procedures, views, indexes.
- Healthcare Industry standards PCI Compliance and security best practices
- IIS, SSL Certification and overall server management
- Experience with revision control systems
- Experience with iSeries DB2, WebSphere and RPG Programming
- Experience with software development lifecycle and related tools
- Fundamental understanding of database systems
- Demonstrates team leadership skills on multiple software projects
- Demonstrates planning and development skills on multiple software projects
- Experience with Java, JQuery a plus
- Experience with Adobe Suite a plus
- Experience with Google+ a plus
- Healthcare Industry
- IBM iSeries shop
- E-commerce website
- Health Plan and benefits plan
- Growth within the department and organization.
- Salary based on experience.