This position is responsible for the following: designs elements of the business logic for the client/server application (e.g., simple GUI object specifications, complex business process specifications); designs and develops graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and screens (e.g., develops screen application templates, designs windows, dialogues, menus and toolbars for complex processes and workflows); assists in designing the database structure (e.g., modifies a schema, tests changes, recommends standards and procedures); develops test plans and designs test data for software enhancements and changes; researches and stays current on client/server related issues and technologies; performs other duties as assigned. Additional responsibilities include daily production support for applications we have purchased from software companies. Production support includes: contacting the software company for assistance with issue troubleshooting, acting in a lead technical role for application upgrades / patch installs, and staying current with direction software companies are moving with application features.
- Balance and prioritize activities to ensure critical items are addressed first
- Communication and analytical skills
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Team player Detail oriented
- Problem solver Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines Focus on Customer Service and continuous improvement
- Proficient working with relational databases (Oracle & MS SQL Server) and must possess strong SQL skills Programming languages / protocols
- Cisco Prime
- Programming languages / protocols: XML/SOAP, VB, VBS, C, C++, Java and Perl)
- Operating systems: UNIX and Windows
- Minimum Requirements: 3+ years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
- Preferred: College degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.