The technology support analyst will assist in the development and maintenance of departmental-specific software applications that enhance teaching and learning. This position is responsible for several types of activities that fit into either administrative and curricular applications, or development and implementation of web-based instructional applications. This position is responsible for maintenance of existing, and development of new online assessment, evaluations, and survey programs. The analyst will be expected to provide maintenance and development support for existing knowledge management applications, and faculty and course evaluation databases within Academic Affairs.
Specific duties include:
- Support the development and implementation of evaluation and research projects by providing data gathering and data analysis services; recommending and performing appropriate statistical analysis.
- Collaborating with other staff and faculty to design program evaluation and/or research project timelines; make progress reports based on timelines.
- Design, build and maintain external web pages and/or web forms for various units within Academic Affairs.
- Build relational databases that integrate with web applications.
- Deliver training to faculty and staff.
- Work with IT staff in the design and implementation of applications for use by medical students to enhance learning using personal laptop’s and mobile devices.
- Perform unit and/or system tests to maintain system integrity.
- Perform a variety of ad hoc queries to databases and analyze and report results.
- Design and implement automated reporting schemes as requested.
- Maintain all software and other applications; troubleshoot as required.
- Maintain user manuals and documentation for all products used.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Consult with appropriate staff to develop requirements and specifications for Academic Affairs related applications.
- Consult with customers to understand business problems and develops technical solutions.
- Serve as project leader on efforts to resolve software or business related problems.
- Experience with ColdFusion, HTML, Common Spot, Qualtrics and SharePoint needed.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and two years of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role;
- or Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role;
- or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of related experience;
- or an equivalent combination of education and experience.