The position provides the creation and general support for various web-based applications for users within the firm as well as D.A. Davidson Companies’ clients.
Qualifications: (Including specific Education and License requirements)
- College diploma or university degree in computer science, information systems, business technology and/or two to three years equivalent work experience.
- Proficient programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities.
- Experience creating web-based services.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Work with third-party vendors while managing aggressive timelines.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Code, test, debug, document, and maintain those applications.
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Provide assistance with application issues in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the repair and diagnosis of database discrepancies. Follow through to resolution.
- Update and troubleshoot issues with third-party databases, vendors, and their applications. Follow through until resolved.
- The remediation of new and existing security findings.
- Research new industry-standard code that improves the team’s ability to create secure, high-quality, high-performance applications.
- Assist with the on-boarding process for new developers to contribute to accurate training and a smooth transition into their new position within the department.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to include providing support for coworkers.