Jefferson County is looking for an Applications Programmer Analyst to perform software design, development, and implementation for new applications, and maintenance of existing systems.
The applicant will work under the direct supervision of the Strategic Applications Solutions Delivery Manager.
The applicant will be responsible for the development of new software applications using Microsoft and .Net development technologies.
The applicant will be responsible for maintaining established systems written in Java, ColdFusion, MS Access.
The applicant will be required to participate on multiple development teams under structured project management. The applicant must have proven experience working under Agile Scrum, Waterfall, and blended project management approaches.
S/He will be expected to employ intermediate business analyst skills and be able to establish and maintain effective customer relationships.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, information technology, software engineer or other relevant field of study and minimum two years full-time software development experience using both Java and Microsoft technologies or any equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience in software development under structured SDLC, using the .Net platform, including C#, IIS, SSRS, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- The applicant must have the ability to confer on a technical and business level with project personnel and customers to provide technical advice, and to assist in problem resolution.
- The applicant must possess excellent written communication skills to develop project documentation that includes technical and non-technical content.
- The applicant must have experience with adhering to coding standards, along with industry and team defined best practices.
- Analyze, assess, and interpret business requirements to identify technical solutions, opportunities, alternatives, and workarounds.
- Analyze and collaborate project requirements within a team environment.
Offer of employment contingent on criminal history and education verification.
Salary based on level of experience.