Due to our tremendous growth, we’re looking for a talented software engineer to help us take Linode’s platform to the next level. In this role, you will establish leadership by developing and reviewing code and contributing ideas to a team of talented technologists. You will facilitate technical discussions and the development of web applications, web services, and public APIs that support tens of thousands of users. In addition, you’ll help administer Linux systems and use your dynamic programming skills to improve our platform.
We’re a small team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence. If you enjoy working on ambitious projects that have a big impact, you’ll enjoy working at Linode!
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert ColdFusion CFML/cfscript development experience
- Solid Perl/Python development experience in Unix/Linux operating environments
- Experience mentoring less experienced developers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Xen, KVM, and UML
- Experience with Nagios monitoring
- Independence and initiative
- Comfort maintaining live production systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional setting
- Relocation assistance is available to qualified candidates.