Roles & Responsibilities
Tantus Technologies, Inc. (Tantus) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, ColdFusion expert to provide solutions architecture, analysis & design and development support for a Federal client in the Washington DC area.
The primary responsibilities for this individual are to:
- translate business needs and requirements into technical solutions,
- analyze/make recommendations to existing software design so it can be extended in such a way that it integrates well with the core solutions,
- support and maintain existing core systems and
- provide support to the customer Program Manager and Tantus support team at the project site.
As the Tantus team member, the candidate is expected to provide regular status updates to the Tantus Project Manager, maintain/manage a good relationship with the customer, and monitor and report the risk and issues on the engagement.
- Provide functional and technical subject matter expertise to support development efforts for ColdFusion Applications Test, modify, and implement application code;
- make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with application specifications and industry standards
- Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
- Ensure technical deliverables are compliant with standards
- Develop, maintain, support, and update code based on Agile methodology
- Evaluate and recommend action on new software versions and service packs from the commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products
- Provide technical support and expertise in requirements, design, and code reviews
- Provide technical support for month-end and year-end reporting, and data clean-up
- Support project planning: develop Level of Effort (LOE) estimates and review and provide input to project documentations
- Provide technical expertise during Technical Review Boards, Change Control Boards, and Change Control Committees
- Functional experience and technical knowledge of ColdFusion, .Net and SQL Server
- 4+ years development experience preferably with ColdFusion Applications Experience in design, development of UIs using ColdFusion with CFScript and plugins.
- 3-5 years’ experience with related technologies such as WSDL, SOAP, XML, and JAVA
- 2-3 years hands on experience with Active Directory, LDAP, and HTTP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation/client-facing skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field