Our client is leading university with multiple campuses that offer undergraduate and graduate degrees. They are looking for a ColdFusion Developer to be a part of a large migration project.
This is a contract position but the client wants the ability to roll someone permanent if it is what the client and candidate wants. As such, candidates MUST HAVE their GC sponsored EAD, or be a US Resident or US Citizen to be eligible for this position.
- Design and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet customers’ needs
- Interface with customers to obtain understanding of the project requirements
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Develop, maintain, enhance, and support fully functioning applications that comply with client and company standards
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems
- Take ownership of assigned development projects
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance
- Work in collaboration with clients to troubleshoot issues and provide professional support for enterprise systems
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced
- 5 years current ColdFusion experience
- 5 years current Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL development experience
- Proficient in Object Oriented ColdFusion development
- Understanding of MVC or N-tier architecture
- Solid understanding of Web infrastructure
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments to timely completion
- Values-based personality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive and healthy relationships with all project team members and customers
- Strong SQL development skills
- Ability to write technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Experience working with systems analyst to provide technical perspective on gathering requirements/business process information
- Ability to follow existing configuration management and application development protocols
- Ability to write and execute unit tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or relevant combination of education and work experience