We are currently seeking a web developer to work within a dynamic and highly innovative team environment. New web applications need to be developed, and other applications need to be maintained using Adobe’s ColdFusion. A diverse range of experience in multiple technologies is desirable if the candidate desires consideration for an extended term. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies, be able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team, producing quality work products with attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in technical development through all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering/analysis, information architecture, software design, proof-of-concept development, coding, testing, deployment, performance tuning, refactoring, etc.
- Design efficient, extensible, modular code from written requirements.
- Translate functional specifications into technical specifications.
- Assist project personnel in resolving complex program problems.
- Diagnose technical challenges by analyzing code and supporting technical documentation.
- Complete tasks as assigned within deadlines.
- Adhere to an organizational CMMI Software Lifecycle Development Process.
- Create and maintain SQL Server databases with an emphasis on normalization
- Gather new business requirements and track any future requirement changes
- Implement project applications according to specifications and thoroughly test prior to release
- Research technical issues and provide recommendations
- Suggest ideas for improving efficiency
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and assignments as required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be proactive with testing and stabilization
- Maintain flexibility; ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities
Excellent knowledge and skills in the following in the following areas:
- 5+ years of development experience and concepts
- Using Jquery
- Experience with Adobe ColdFusion 9
- Experience with SQL*Server
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion or Git
- Must be a team player with good written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of the following areas are a plus, but not required:
- Experience with PHP
- Experience using MySQL database
- Lotus Domino knowledge
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Windows IIS experience
- Experience with other technologies such as JAVA
- Working knowledge of the Linux platform