- Design and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Interface with customer to obtain a full understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
- Provide project timeline estimates.
- Monitor actual deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Life cycle.
- Support both client and department programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
- Process movement of jobs to production for both Internet and client/server applications and implementation of production scheduler.
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task.
Education/Knowledge: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year University or College diploma in related field or equivalent required.
Experience / Skill:
- Proficient in Web Site Design, solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
- 3 to 5 years current Cold Fusion (MX 8.0) experience.
- 3 to 5 years current Oracle/PL/SQL (Oracle 11g) development experience.
- Solid experience with Oracle Object Design and implementation (Oracle Packages, Procedures, Triggers).
- Working knowledge of source code management tool and job scheduler.
- Strong business analysis skills with proven experience in proposing and developing solutions.
- Strong systems analysis experience.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.
Experience with any of the following would be considered beneficial:
- Java experience in creating web applications with connectivity to Oracle databases.
- SQL Server, Macromedia Flex, SQL, Appworx, •Microsoft DTS, and/or .Net.
- Experience working in a client focused environment.
- Previous automotive industry and/or business experience.
- Familiarity with ISO.