Avaya Government Solutions has an opening for a Lead ColdFusion Developer located in Falls Church, VA.
Avaya Government Solutions is seeking a Lead Developer for leading custom software development projects for our DOJ – Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) client. The suitable candidate must have a strong software development background using the ColdFusion and SQLServer technologies. This position will provide primary technical/team leadership of software development activities at EOIR. This position regularly interfaces with EOIR management, and requires high-level communication skills to translate business and technical requirements to support ongoing development, modernization, and enhancements of applications within the EOIR enterprise.
- End to end SDLC support for web-based software development projects using ColdFusion and SQL technologies.
- Hands on design and development using ColdFusion technologies.
- Functional and technical requirements analysis.
- Technical architecture, design, and development support as needed by the team.
- Communication and coordination of project and team activities.
- Participate in regular customer meetings to report status, progress, and risks/issues as applicable.
- Participation in the planning and preparation of documentation (design, deployment, and other SDLC docs).
- Support of Configuration Management processes as they relate to tracking and management of application source code.
- Bachelors of Science and 7+ years of IT industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Technical Leadership experience building applications using ColdFusion technologies.
- Experience with the oversight and development of web-based applications using ColdFusion and SQLServer technologies.
- Ability to collect, coordinate and communicate business and technical requirements between management and technical staff.
- Ability to provide prioritization and tasking of technical requirements to software development personnel.
- Experience with all SDLC phases including planning and estimation, requirements analysis, design analysis, development, testing, and deployment.
- Expert knowledge of 508 compliance standards as they apply to web based applications.
- Experience with iterative and/or agile SDLC processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- •Experience with UML and other functional and technical modeling techniques.
- •Knowledge of ITIL, PMI, and CMMI processes and methodologies.
- •Experience with the Serena Dimensions CM, and HP Quality Center tools.
- US citizenship is required. A background check for security clearance purposes is required for hiring.
- Applicant selected will also be subject to an extensive DOJ government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information prior to the beginning of work.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance.
- **An active or recent (10 years) US government security clearance is highly preferred**