We are seeking for an outstanding Web Developer to assist our staff in designing and executing clean, creative, engaging digital solutions for web (websites, landing pages, email marketing, display ads, etc.). This role would work on a variety of projects, both internal and client facing, across several industries. You will experience the freedom of building our website using your own leadership and programming skills. You will build our new website from current concept to completion from bottom up to site layout and function. Additionally, must perform system analysis to ensure usage and effectiveness of site. Content will include graphics, animations, videos, charts, tables, e-commerce as well as designing navigation, file structure, and site map.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work. If you thrive by working side by side with others while leading your solutions to successful completion, consider this opportunity as the next level in your professional development.
- Work to design engaging visual solutions, specifically wireframes and mockups for responsive websites (desktop, tablet, and mobile)
- Design a variety of digital deliverables, including website graphics, imagery, banners, mobile design, etc
- Work closely with our other web developers to understand and translate project requirements
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practicesCreate site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer
ESSENTIAL TASKS The ideal candidate is creatively focused and a unique thinker when it comes to designing websites and other creative assets. In short, we want someone who can tune in to our clients’ needs and produce designs that set us apart. We are looking for someone passionate about web design and digital marketing, who is committed to bringing new and exciting ideas, techniques and approaches to our design staff.
Core Corporate Qualities
- Attendance/Attitude – Ability to exhibit a conscious effort to fill ones responsibilities on an hour-by-hour, day-by-day basis. The partner understands the importance of attendance in his/her working relationships with team members and demonstrates an attitude that is conducive to the MiTek’s culture.
- Team Player/Loyalty – Demonstrate ability to work with others while showing the responsibility, dependability and accountability of what is expected to be a positive contribution to the team and the company while working towards the corporate Vision together.
Enthusiastic/Creativity – Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task and the ability to approach a need, a task, or an idea from new perspective.
- Flexibility/ Initiative/Accountability – Ability and willingness to change plans or ideas in order to deliver the highest quality in design, customer service, innovation, manufacturing and distribution of electronics and communications products. Ability to recognize and do what needs to be done before being asked to do it and the ability to hold yourself and others accountable for what is being asked of you.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to create a customer friendly culture by taking care of the customers’ needs while following MiTek’s policies and procedures.
Core Position Qualities
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the English language.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Creative – Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical product information and convey it to end users in a manner that is easily understood.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Computer Science or related
- One to two years related experience in Web Design, Programming, or Development
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience in designing digital marketing materials, including effective emails, web banner ads, and landing pages optimized for maximum conversion
- Understanding of user experience and how it influences design
- Strong sense of web design principles, especially use of color, imagery, typography, and composition
- Affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
- Great attitude and proactive, with an eagerness to learn
- Ability to work on multiple projects under varying deadlines and quickly respond to creative and technical direction while managing all details.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficient with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio, and Outlook)
- Proficient with ASP.NET 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio version 8 & 9
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server version 8 & 9
- NET LINQ
- NET XML
- NET AJAX
- NET Silverlight
- SQL 2005 Analysis & Reporting Services
- NET Business Intelligence
- Understanding of ColdFusion Development
- Understanding of Flash Development
- Understanding of IIS version 5, 6 & 7
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Web design and development: 2 years