The Web Developer will assist in designing and executing clean, creative, engaging digital solutions for the web (websites, landing pages, email marketing, display ads, etc.). This position will work on a variety of projects, both internal and client facing, across several industries. This position will build our new website from current concept to completion from the bottom up to site layout and function. Additionally, he/she must perform system analysis to ensure usage and effectiveness of the site. Content will include graphics, animations, videos, charts, tables, e-commerce as well as designing navigation, file structure, and site map.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Design a variety of digital deliverables, including website graphics, imagery, banners, mobile design, etc.
- Work to design engaging visual solutions, specifically wireframes and mockups for responsive websites (desktop, tablet, and mobile).
- Work with other web developers to understand and translate project requirements.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices.
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others’ using the English language.
- Creative – Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical product information and convey it to end users in a manner that is easily understood.
- Time Management – Ability to work on multiple projects, while responding to creative and technical direction and managing all details, utilizing the available time to organize and complete the work within given deadlines.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to create a customer friendly culture by taking care of the customers’ needs while following MiTek’s policies and procedures.
- Flexibility/ Initiative/Accountability – Ability and willingness to change plans or ideas in order to deliver the highest quality in design, customer service, innovation, manufacturing and distribution of electronics and communications products. Ability to recognize and do what needs to be done before being asked to do it and the ability to hold yourself and others accountable for what is being asked of you.
- Enthusiastic/Creativity – Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task and the ability to approach a need, a task, or an idea from new perspective.
- Team Player/Loyalty – Demonstrate ability to work with others while showing the responsibility, dependability and accountability of what is expected to be a positive contribution to the team and the company while working towards the corporate Vision together.
- Attendance/Attitude – Ability to exhibit a conscious effort to fill ones responsibilities on an hour-by-hour, day-by-day basis. The partner understands the importance of attendance in his/her working relationships with team members and demonstrates an attitude that is conducive to the MiTek’s culture.
Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university) in Computer Science or related
One to two years related experience in Web Design, Programming, or Development.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficient with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio, and Outlook)
- Proficient with ASP.NET 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5; Proficient with ASP.NET LINQ, ASP.NET XML, ASP.NET AJAX, ASP.NET Silverlight, ASP.NET Business Intelligence
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio version 8 & 9
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server version 8 & 9
- Proficient with SQL 2005 Analysis & Reporting Services
- Understanding of ColdFusion Development & Flash Development
- Understanding of IIS version 5, 6 & 7
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) & Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4