The Cold Fusion Developer will work independently to design, develop, code, test, and debug new software or significant enhancements to our existing proprietary system, Eldorado . This position will be responsible for insuring all development aligns with our coding standards and meets minimum security requirements, working with our business analyst to understand priorities and business requirements, participating in code reviews with the staff to insure best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The job incumbent will be required to perform other job-related tasks and/or responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change based upon the needs of Dimont & Associates.)
- Design, develop and implement system enhancements.
- Monitor actual deliverable against scheduled completion dates.
- Participate in all phase of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support departmental programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to the system.
- Debug existing system when errors are identified.
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by Dimont & Associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3 – 5 years current Cold Fusion experience
- 3 – 5 years current SQL Server experience
- Working knowledge of source code management tool and job scheduler
- Excellent communication skills, both oral as well as written
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.