This position is responsible for maintenance functions and activities related to several automated and Web applications which include Online Benefit Information (OBI) and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) which must be maintained in accordance with established corporate policies and national health care reform mandates and government compliance requirements. Also responsible for OBI interface with various Quoting Tools that generate benefits documents which includes Benefits-At-A-Glance (BAAGs).
Business analysis, application architecture, design, development, integration and delivery. Application maintenance and support. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. With general guidance and coaching, performs technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those applications. Ensures SDLC methodology is followed, conducts inspections and post implementation reviews. Competent to work at a high technical level for the entire application development life-cycle. Partners with business personnel to conduct analysis of organizational needs. Acts as a primary liaison with the user area for development and modifications to existing applications. Significant creativity is required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years related experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL server, Access and SharePoint
- High proficiency in SQL language, storage procedures and Complex SQL queries, SSIS packages, SSRS and stored procedures (Tuning and Development)
- Knowledge and experience with database schemas and development
- Knowledge Java programming as well as ColdFusion
- Experience creating and/or maintaining a tracking and reporting system in a high volume area
- Experience implementing physical database objects, managing data, building/extending toolsets
- Understanding of MOS and NASCO system platforms
- Strong ability to problem-solve on the fly and triage issues with sense of urgency based on critical business needs
- Strong skills in gathering business requirements
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to perform logical and physical data modeling
- Experience creating user interfaces for Web applications
- Previous experience in the health care industry, insurance industry and knowledge of health care terminology and benefits
- Experience working with corporate Forms and Rating tables
- Ability to document work flows, detail design documents, and scopes
- Knowledge and understanding of SMART application