Responsible for producing web software to resolve business issues. Responsible for analyzing ASC and customer requirements and problems to determine the optimum application of web technologies and associated resources to improve science, business and information systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Position is within the United States Antarctic Program (USAP) Information Technology and Communications department (IT&C). This position may deploy to Antarctica yearly.
- Responsible for designing and developing rich multimedia web content, web pages, and web-based applications for current and future websites in order to fulfill internal/external customer requirements.
- Creates web content utilizing tools such as Adobe CS5, HTML5, Ajax, jquery, and other common web development tools.
- Writes web-based applications to collect, process, and display data in web languages such as Microsoft C# .NET 4, ColdFusion, ASP, XML, SQL, HTML, CSS, Ajax, and Java Script.
- Produces databases and stored procedures in MS SQL Server to support web-based applications.
- Responsible for designing and developing web page layouts for web cameras as well as streaming and other video content.
- Supports operational web-based systems and associated data including knowledge of the languages, and systems environments, and ensures data management.
- Assembles user requirements for new systems, or modifications of existing systems.
- Estimates schedules for systems development and maintenance.
- Analyzes current system operations and coordinates documentation. Works closely with IT Quality Assurance and Technical Operations personnel to ensure seamless transfer of technology from engineering to production.
- Interacts with the National Science Foundation, military and other agency officials, both over the telephone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring safety is the highest priority in the work place.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or 5 years career experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: None Required.
TRAINING: None Required.
- Minimum of five years experience designing and managing a web presence required.
- minimum three years experience with database systems
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop required.
- Professional oral and written communication skills needed.
- Advanced understanding of web environments including web server configuration.