Instant Technology is currently seeking a Tomcat Administrator for an opportunity in Riverwoods, IL. This position will join a Middleware Team; involved in implementing the most cost-effective software products and enterprise building blocks that improve the efficiency, availability, and performance of application servers, middleware gateways and related platforms.
This team owns and provides governance along with 24x7x365 3rd level support for the following technologies: WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, WMQ, DB2Connect, CICS Transaction Gateway, DataPower, and Google Search Appliance. This role will be working closely with the enterprise architecture group and peer infrastructure teams to identify and fill middleware technology or process gaps.
- Experience with implementations in large enterprises for high-TPS, high-criticality applications, with particular emphasis on technology transitions from RMI to SOAP/REST-based Web Service architectures
- Strong scripting skills
- Solid understanding of J2EE application deployment patterns and n-tier architectures- Some JEE coding experience, along with XSLT and complex/reusable application architectures
- Understanding of SOA and web services and their deployment in DataPower
- Experience in AIX/Linux systems administration, networking, storage and security concepts
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal), team player, self-motivated, requiring minimal direction, good work ethic, open to learning new technologies, forward and strategic thinking.
- Experience with JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, WMQ, CICS Transaction Gateway, Wily Introscope, and shell/Jython scripting
- Experience with ColdFusion and PHP
- Familiarity HP LoadRunner and Google Search
- Tomcat: 4 years