Our client is a leading provider of web design, development and management services to the motor sports industry. Our client has found a niche in the auto racing industry with clients ranging from entry-level racers to some of the top drivers, teams, and companies in the world.
The projects range from simple identity-based initiatives to custom, database-enabled solutions. Our client focuses on combining unique, eye-catching design with our proprietary CMS to offer clients true end-to-end web site management solutions.
Our client values:
- Self-starters who can work independently for periods of time, but who also get a charge out of impromptu collaboration sessions.
- The ability to wear many different hats.
- Those that take pride in, and ownership of, the work that they are asked to do … and even the work that they aren’t.
- Saying what you’ll do, and then doing what you say.
- The power of a highly-functional team whose members are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve common goals.
- Work-life balance, where hard work is balanced with life passions outside the normal work day.
- 4+ years experience building dynamic, database-enabled, ColdFusion web applications
- Experience designing, and maintaining databases in Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Working knowledge of Tortoise SVN and Subversion source control software
- Continuous learner who keeps current with standards-based coding and emerging technologies
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while managing multiple deadlines and projects of varying size and complexity
- Unwavering commitment to quality work that is on-time and on budget
- Ability to brainstorm, and creatively solve technical problems
- Self directed, able to perform tasks without a great deal of supervision
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written
- Occasional on-call or on-demand responses during “non-peak” hours
- An interest in motor sports is a plus
The primary job functions will involve working with a project manager to ensure that web site applications are built according to project specifications, as well as maintaining applications that are already in production.
- Building and supporting new, data-driven web applications
- Developing, improving and maintaining internal tools including content publishing tools
- Daily operational support of systems and applications in the development, staging and production environments