Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World Junior Software Engineer Junior Software EngineerPAE is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer for their Naval Surface Warfare Dahlgren Division (NSWDD) customer site location. Telework Authorized.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performs software development utilizing Java/Cold Fusion 11.
- Performs technical support focused on the development, operation, management, and enforcement of security capabilities for software running on government systems.
- Requirements gathering, documentation and refinement.Attending Change Control Boards as a liaison for software development.
- Assist with New Requirements, Bug Fixes, STIG Implementation, IAVA/IAVB fixes.Assist in Build Testing and Regression Testing.
- Assist external location in the installation and troubleshooting.
- Perform Training of new/current customers on application capabilities and features.
- Assist in the compilation of all documentation necessary.
- Assist with Database development and documentation.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Maintain current databases and their operational capabilities.
- Assist the government in the installation of additional instances of the database at other locations.
- Assist in planning, programming, installation, testing and transition of current capabilities.
- Assist in the training of users.
- Assist with documentation, software and database fixes and network administration.
- Assist with the documentation consisting of System Identification Profile (SIP), DIACAP Implementation Plan (DIP), DIACAP Scorecard and Plan of Action & Milestones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the design, development, and maintenance of software applications and related databases (i.e. SQL, Oracle).
- Experience in developing with Cold Fusion, C, C++, Java, or DotNet utilizing Windows or Unix operating environments.
- Experience in software development frameworks (i.e. waterfall, spiral, scrum).
- Experience with software development cycle: requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, bug tracking, and reporting.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- Ability to travel CONUS/OCONUS (Afghanistan or other specified Areas of Operation) and meet assignment-specific contingencies and eligibility for deployment.
- Current/Active Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with Adobe ColdFusion 9 or higher.Client/Server – A solid understanding of web applications and the client/server paradigm.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Strong background in testing and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Experience with web-based automated testing tools recommended.Experience in other Web application development languages like JAVA, PHP or other object oriented languages.
- Basic understanding of version control systems such as SubVersion.