Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer-related discipline plus 8 years of experience in application support, maintenance, development, and engineering practices.
- Must have a strong understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012 operating systems, SQL Server 2008/2014, Internet Information Services (IIS), and Tomcat.
- Experience in the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) including: Requirements Gathering, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance.
- Familiarity with server certificates and Common Access Card (CAC) implementations.
- Compliance with change management processes.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and support the application deployment infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills and capable of handling oversight responsibilities on multiple projects with minimum guidance.
- Occasional after hours support may be required.
- Experience with client/server and web based application architectures, Internet Information Services (IIS), Tomcat, ColdFusion, Java, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015, Active Directory.
- Experience identifying and resolving security issues using the HP Fortify 360 product.
- Familiar with the MDA and BMDS programs.