Web Developer. We are seeking a Web Developer to fulfill a direct hire opportunity with our Circleville, Ohio client. This individual must have the ability to develop software solutions that will take the company to a new level. The person in this position will be responsible for leading efforts to improve upon existing systems’ functionality as well as to develop new systems.
- Develop web-based applications within ColdFusion and LAMP Environments
- Design, architect, and create complex, customized applications to enhance website capability based on business needs.
- Ensure functioning of Internet applications in a high-traffic, near zero-downtime enterprise environment, including designing, implementing and maintaining websites and databases for high-availability and redundancy.
- Develop and support Student Information System (SIS) functionality and necessary integration with internal systems and business processes.
- Develop application code and databases in accordance with design standards using well-known methodologies creating well-designed, reusable objects.
- Ensure cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility of developed applications.
- Create clear, concise and complete, documentation with accurate time estimates for completion of tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with listening to customer requests and developing solutions that meet their needs
- Coursework and/or work experience as a developer
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, multiple-priority environment
- Driven to learn new technology and build in-depth expertise
- Analytic, creative and business-focused problem solver
- Must be a self-starter
- Experience with a variety of languages/environments including:
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills