Thirdwave is a firm that provides web-based solutions for clients worldwide. We are currently seeking a friendly and energetic developer for a full-time ColdFusion/PHP Application Developer position. This developer will be responsible for developing new applications as well as providing ongoing support for existing applications.
The developer will also use ColdFusion Components (CFCs) as well as PHP for reusable code and interaction with business logic/database, utilize advanced browser-side techniques (AJAX, etc) to create a highly interactive user interface and will be expected to adhere to rigid coding standards and best practices.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Gathering, design, development, testing, and documentation of all development processes.
- Providing advice and guidance on appropriate applications, reporting, and analysis architecture.
- Assisting team members; DBAs, database developers, project managers, peers and others, in understanding and meeting data and user requirements.
- Working with senior developers and business analysts to independently develop, document, test and implement systems.
- Assist in translating functional and technical requirements into a detailed technical architecture and design.
- Working within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintaining integrity of program logic and coding, and establishing required checks and balances for operational controls.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Java , Apache, MySQL, jQuery,Eclipse, source control (SVN) preferred
- Strong programming fundamentals
You will be working from our office located in Downtown Chicago (River North).