Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, and maintains web based applications, using Java, Web Services, ColdFusion, and assorted programming languages as needed.
- Performs requirements gathering, analysis, and writing design specifications.
- Provides system administration support for application servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, ColdFusion, etc.)
- Reviews web sites for adherence of organization specifications and standards.
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting complex software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using web based technologies.
- Works with other ITS colleagues to meet the technical needs for assigned projects, consistent with division and department standards for technology and systems.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Loyola’s mission and vision by supporting the ITS core values of service excellence for university strategic initiatives and continuous development/improvement.
- Proactively manages change through existing change management processes.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Education or Experience
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area is required, and at least 2 years of programming experience. Has knowledge of a broad range of concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
Certificates, credentials or licenses required to perform the duties of this position:
- Experience with Grails/Groovy, PHP, ColdFusion, Oracle, and Eclipse IDE is a plus.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts is required.
- The ability to identify and solve technical problems in a timely manner is required.
- Ability to build strong, trustworthy partnerships and value-added relationships with technology and institutional stakeholders.
- Ability to show initiative and work independently and on teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.