Our client is seeking a ColdFusion Developer in Chicago, Illinois (IL).
Summary: Responsible for researching and analyzing data processing practices and procedures and developing solutions and recommendations for improvement. Completes programming assignments by defining specifications, writing new or modified code, and testing the code to verify the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the determination of programming requirements for minor projects (e.g., report changes, control file changes, file fixes)
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of specifications for minor projects to be estimated (e.g., report changes, control file changes, file fixes)
- Maintains project estimates and project management timelines
- Assists with the preparation and execution of the overall project plan
- Researches and documents by using analytical problem solving
- Advises client personnel on software conversion and installation activities
- Prepares user, operations, and system manuals documentation
- Provides client support, training, testing and vendor relations
- Provides applications development and support and utilizes troubleshooting and diagnostic tools
- Responsible for software installation and maintenance
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Requirements: Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complexity of Work: Moderately routine; general policies applied. Some decision-making.
- Education: Associate’s degree in related field required. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university preferred
- Experience: 1-3 years experience in the field or in a related area and 1-3 years programming experience in financial services or a related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
5 to 8 years knowledge of:
- Solaris OS, open Unix systems in a network environment or Oracle certified Solaris professional
- Linux platform
- Knowledge of network architecture and network protocols.
- 3 to 5 years knowledge of Third party software like Rimage software, Connect direct , with exposure to web sphere 6.5 and Windows XP and up
- Minimum 5 years of full time experience in UNIX in a 24×7 application environment, plus minimum 3 years R&D type experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public