Serves as a Web / Database Developer and Agile Scrum Master consultant for the U.S. Army’s National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) Combat Incident Database (CIDB) and Joint Trauma Analysis for the Prevention of Injury in Combat Database (JTAPICDB) Program.
- Develops web-based as well as database applications to enhance the capabilities of the CIDB and JTAPICDB databases
- Assists in the deployment of web and database applications.
- Supports database setup and configuration activities for the Development, Test, and Production environments.
- Develops products to ensure NGIC architecture changes are integrated with the application baseline.
- Extracts raw data and performs custom queries from databases using SQL and/or XML.
- Works closely with NGIC Database Administrators to ensure application database architecture is in line with NGIC architecture.
- Interacts with Information Assurance experts to ensure the database is compliant with IA requirements.
- Prepares test scenarios for quality assurance testing of developed software.
- Performs unit, integration and deployment testing of software.
- Supports reviews of SDLC Deliverables, including Release Notes, Release Packages, Test Plans, Test Reports, Run Books, Installation Guides, System Administration Guides, System Configuration Guides, System Requirements Specifications, Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), Network Diagrams, and User Guides.
- Provides advice on transitioning the development environment from a hybrid-waterfall to an agile environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree from a 4-year college in a technical field or relevant experience in lieu of technical degree.
- 5-10 years of hands-on IT experience
- Software developer with a background in web and database programming
- CompTIA Security+ CE or CISSP certified
- Proficiency with the software development process
- Experience in establishing an Agile development environment
- Experience with configuration management and software testing techniques
- Experience performing Oracle database administration is also required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of building Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Experience with range of web development tools such as Dreamweaver, SVN, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience with range of database development tools such as SQL Developer, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQLPlus, etc.
- Hands-on skills with Oracle Middleware, Oracle Database, and Open Source Databases
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in systems analysis techniques, concepts and methods and knowledge of available system software, computer equipment and open system architecture.
Desired Experience in:
- NGIC experience, in general, and CIDB and JTAPICDB database experience, in particular
- Knowledgeable of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in a mixed UNIX and MS Windows environment is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of Oracle’s Virtual Private Database (VPD)
- Top Secret and Eligible for SCI
- The candidate must be able to complete the training and certifications required by DoD to obtain DoD 8570.01-M IAT-I (Army AR25-2) certification prior to joining the team.